Sunrise in my Tea-cup




Sunrise in my tea-cup,
Its vivid pink tinting the pastel brown,
A tranquil wisp of steam curling up,
Shimmering and threatning to drown.

A soothing stillness sinks in,
As I lean against the window pane,
Watching the dark winding lane,
With its puffing jogger & his aching shin.

Then, I grow afraid -to breathe ,
Lest this magic should cease!
Gingerly, my fingers shift the cup a little,
Making barely a ripple.

I don't know for how long I stand there,
With the tea in my hands growing cold,
As my heart sighs with the wind & lays bare,
I watch my soul gently unfold.

My watch ticks in, pulling me back with a jerk,
Letting this bizarre spell vaporize,
I hastily drain my cup with its sunrise,
And rush to work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Girl Who Wrote About the Cow

The Tale of the Invisible Girl

The Hijab clad Heroine